VECAP provides webinars on topics related to Vocational Evaluation and Career Assessment provided by highly trained practitioners and leaders in the field.
- Webinars equal 1.0 continuing education credit which each registered participant will receive proof of participation. Participants will need to submit proof to their credentialing organization for credit.
- Webinars can be viewed live or at a later date.
- Fees for Webinars are:
Member Price $0.00 USD
Non-Member Price $35.00 USD
Student Price: $20.00 USD
Contact VECAP Home Office for group discounts
email@example.com | 804-277-9648
Fee for VECAP members is Free, and $35 for Non-members.
Pre-Approved CEU credits are not available; however, proof of participation will be provided once webinar evaluation is complete.
Participants can sign up for the webinar by going to: http://vecap.org/professional-development/vecap-educational-webinars/
Upcoming VECAP VEW’s
Title: Brain Injury and Vocational Evaluation.
Description: Individuals with brain injury (BI) face many challenges (physical, cognitive, behavioral, social, and psychological) when attempting to return to work and reintegrate into their communities. Unemployment is high among individuals with TBI, with estimates of only 30-70% returning to competitive employment. Limited specific evidence-based guidelines exist for return to work for adults with TBI and such guidelines are needed for vocational evaluation (VE). A recent analysis and synthesis of process and factors relevant to TBI by has identified key processes that are important for a thorough and rigorous VE. This presentation will present key processes and factors evaluators should consider when requesting and reviewing a VE for clients with TBI.
- Discuss factors that influence return to work for individuals with TBI
- Discuss historical and current trends in vocational evaluation (VE) for individuals with TBI
- Discuss processes that should be followed while performing a VE and reviewing a VE report
- Discuss factors that evaluators should consider when performing VEs
Bio: Christina (Tina) Dillahunt-Aspillaga is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling at the University of South Florida. Her interests and research areas include employment for persons with disabilities with an emphasis on traumatic brain injury (TBI) and community capacity building. Currently, she is working on research focusing on community re-integration and the employment needs of Veterans with post-deployment TBI, polytrauma and related sequelae. Christina previously worked as the Director of Family Programs and Services for the Brain Injury Association of Florida, Inc. She holds certifications as a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor and Vocational Evaluator, Certified Life Care Planner, and Certified Brain Injury Specialist Trainer.
CLICK ON THE APPROPRIATE BUTTON BELOW TO PAY/REGISTER.
Be sure to include the following information in an email to VECAP Home Office firstname.lastname@example.org:
- What month(s) for which you are registering
- What email address you would like used for communication
Please E-mail registration questions to email@example.com
The following two special VEW’s have been offered at no charge to members and non-members
For upcoming or previously recorded VEW’s, refer to registration information below.
Past webinars can be purchased and viewed for continuing education credits.
Contact Home Office for Details (firstname.lastname@example.org | 804-277-9648)
- June 21,2018 (Powerpoint Available)
Judith Imperatore, M.Ed.
Transition Assessment for Special Education & Vocational Evaluation:
Planning the Process
- July 19, 2018 (Archive Available)
Aaron Norton, LMHC, LMFT, MCAP, CRC, CFMHE
Vocational Implications of Medical Marijuana
- August 16, 2018 (Archive Available)
Dr. Steve Sligar
Vocational Evaluation with Persons Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- September 20, 2018 (Archive Available)
Catherine Burzio, MA, PVE, GCDF, CCSP
Supporting English Language Learners in Career Assessment
- October 18, 2018 (Archive Available)
Accessing and Increasing Motivation for Clients with Autism
- November 15, 2018 (Powerpoint Available)
Dr. Mark Sementilli
Neuropsychological Evaluations: How to Interpret and When to Recommend One
- February 21, 2019 (Archive Available)
Curtis Buler and Sam Castiglione Vocational Evaluation with Persons Having Blindness/Visual Impairment
- March 21, 2019 (Archive Available)
Making the Connections and Raising Expectations- Evaluating and Preparing for Innovative, STEM Employment
- April 18, 2019 (Archive Available)
Susan T Cooper
The Change Process Model and It’s Implications for Career Assessment and Vocational Evaluation
- September 19, 2019 (Archive Available)
Tools, Techniques, and Technologies for Bridging the Gap Across Transition
- November 21, 2019 (Archive Available)
Trauma – Informed Career Evaluation
- February 20, 2020 (Archive Available)
Dana M. Cea
Transgender and Gender Nonbinary Individuals: Changing The Conversation Around Suicide
- August 20, 2020 (Audio Available)
Brooke Austin, Kristina Fredericksen, and Chris Hallissey
–Practical Implications for Virtual Services