The Vocational Evaluation and Career Assessment Professionals Journal (Journal) is an official publication of VECAP. The purpose of the Journal is to advance knowledge and practices in the fields of vocational evaluation, career assessment, and work adjustment.
You may pay by credit card using PayPal at one of the links below or pay by check payable to VECAP and mail to VECAP Home Office.
1 year VECAP Journal Subscription
- United States – $45.00 USD
- International – $55.00 USD
- PDF Version Emailed – $20.00 USD
- Past Copies of Journals – $13.50 USD
Past VECAP Journals may be available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability. The VECAP Journal is now available in a secure PDF version.
Manuscript Submission Guidelines
Each manuscript must be prepared according to the current edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. The author is responsible for obtaining written permission and paying fees for materials (e.g., tables, charts, art work) from other source(s) that are included in the manuscript. All submitted manuscripts must not be published in or submitted for publication to another periodical. By submitting the manuscript, the author(s) agree that the copyright for the article is transferred to the publisher if and when the article is accepted for publication. The copyright covers the exclusive rights to reproduce and distribute the article without permission in writing from the author(s). Rights to reproduce and distribute include reprints, photographic reproduction, microform, electronic, and any other means. Permission to use or distribute articles should be requested from the Editor.
The following guidelines are based on the APA and should be followed. Note that the information in the cover sheet, author’s bios, and keywords are unique to the VECAP Journal.
Before submitting your manuscript: complete the Checklist for Manuscript Submission (pp. 241-243 in theSixth Edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association published in 2009).
- Manuscripts must be double-spaced in Times New Roman (12 point), formatted for a standard 8.5 x 11 portrait orientation with a 1-inch margin on all sides.
- Single page that includes the running head, manuscript title, author‘s name(s), credentials, organizational affiliation and contact information (e.g. mailing address, daytime phone number and email), and author note. Please note that the author‘s name(s) and any other identifying information should not appear on subsequent manuscript pages.
- Single page that contains the author‘s name(s), credentials, and short (100 words) biographical information that will appear in the Journal if the article is published.
- Single page that includes a 150-250 word abstract with 3-5 keywords following the abstract.
- Number all pages in the upper right corner and include the running head.
- Narrative begins on the fourth page with the title of the manuscript at the top of the page.
- Headings are used to guide the reader through the manuscript. Note: use the Style Gallery in MS Word to facilitate the review process.
- Tables must be in MS Word Tables format. Tables should be numbered with Arabic numerals and titled at the top.
- Figures should be numbered with Arabic numerals and titled at the bottom.
- Manuscripts must be submitted electronically in MS Word to email@example.com
- In the subject line of the email put submission: running head and the primary author’s last name (for example, Submission: Running Head_Smith).
- Do not zip files.
- Once your manuscript is received, it will be assigned a number. After the number is assigned, all email correspondence must contain the manuscript number in the subject line and other information to identify the purpose of the email, for example “MS 110 resubmission.” Most of your email correspondence will come through firstname.lastname@example.org
VECAP Manuscript Submission Form
For information on the status of your manuscript or other concerns, contact the editors at email@example.com or directly:
Steven Sligar, co-editor, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Nancy Simonds, co-editor, email@example.com
Sample abstracts from recent Journals:
- The VECAP Position Paper on Universal Design for Learning for Career Assessment and Vocational Evaluation
Frances G. Smith, Pamela Leconte, and Edward Vitelli
- VECAP 2012, Volume 8, Number 1, VECAP 2012 Vol 8 No. 1
- VECAP 2011, Volume 7, Number 2, VECAP 2011 Vol 7 No 2
- VECAP 2011, Volume 7, Number 1 (Special Issue), VECAP 2011 Vol 7 No 1 with Special Issue
- VECAP 2010, Volume 6, Number 2, VECAP 2010 Vol 6 No 2
- VECAP 2010, Volume 6, Number 1, VECAP 2010 Vol 6 No 1