Elements with example publications
A. Research, on V.E. outcomes, cross-validated or subjected to meta-analysis, such as:
- Cole, T. (2001). Vocational assessment and employment- What makes the difference? In R. Fry (Ed.) The issues papers: Tenth national forum in vocational evaluation, assessment and work adjustment (pp. 266-281). Menomonie, WI: University of Wisconsin-Stout.
- Cresap, L.A. (1987). A study of the influence of vocational evaluation on the career progress of 268 special education high school students. In R.R. Fry (Ed.), Third National Forum on Issues in Vocational Assessment and Evaluation. (pp.99-101). Menomonie, WI: Materials Development Center, University of Wisconsin-Stout.
- Dean, D., Ashley, J., Schmidt, R., & Rowe, K. (2006). The long-term impact of comprehensive vocational assessment for youth with disabilities in transition: Evaluation of Virgina’s Post-secondary Education/Rehabilitation Transition (PERT)”. Vocational Evaluation and Career Assessment Professionals 2(2), 14-32.
- Homa, D. (2007). The impact of vocational evaluation on outcomes in the vocational rehabilitation services program. In R. McDaniel (Ed.), The issues papers: The thirteenth national forum on issues in vocational assessment. (pp. 119-125.) Montgomery, AL: Davis Direct, Inc.
- Thomas, S., Hiltenbrand, D., & Tibbs, S. (1997). A new look at outcomes: Validating the vocational evaluation and work adjustment processes in the contemporary setting. In R. Fry (Ed.), The issues papers: Eighth national forum on issues in vocational assessment (pp. 117-126). Menomonie, WI: University of Wisconsin-Stout.
- Ward-Ross, L.E. (1985). Contributions of vocational evaluators’ recommendations to client rehabilitation success. Unpublished master’s thesis. East Carolina University, Greenville, NC.
- Willis, J., McDaniel,R., & Kraska. M. (2014, Fall). Vocational evaluation: The impact on employment outcomes. Vocational Evaluation and Career Assessment Professionals Journal, 9(2), 16-27.
B. Research on related outcomes such as:
- Beveridge, S., & Fabian, E. (2007). Vocational rehabilitation outcomes: relationship between individualized plan for employment goals and employment outcomes. Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin, 50(4), 238-239.
C. Best Practices, including:
- Betters, C. J. & Sligar, S.R. (2015). The tools of the trade: A national study on tool utilization in vocational evaluation. [Special issue]. Vocational Evaluation and Work Adjustment Association Journal and Vocational Evaluation and Career Assessment Journal, 8-16.
- Castiglione, S., Ashley, J., Hamilton, M., Leconte, P., McConnell, J. O’Brien, M., Scott, N., & Uliana, D. (2010) VECAP White Paper on Functional Vocational Evaluation. VECAP Journal, Spring. 49-58.
- Castiglione, S. (2011). The case for using two career interest surveys: Research and Reasoning. Vocational Evaluation and Career Assessment Professionals Journal, Spring, 7(1), Special Issue, 43-56 .
- Castiglione, S. (in press) Triangulation of cognitive factors in vocational evaluation: More authentic assessment. VECAP Journal.
- Hemme, J. & Perry, V. (2014, Fall). Goodwill vocational evaluation best practices symposium. Vocational Evaluation and Career Assessment Professionals Journal, 9(2), 28-31.
- Schuster, D. & Sittlington, P. (1997) The Position Paper of the Interdisciplinary Council on Vocational Evaluation and Assessment, in R. Fry (Eds.) Eighth National Forum on Issues in Vocational Assessment (pp.1-3). Menomonie, WI: University of Wisconsin-Stout.
- Smith, F., Lombard, R., Neubert, D., Leconte, P., Rothenbacher,C., & Sittlington, P. (1994) The Position Paper of the Interdisciplinary Council on Vocational Evaluation and Assessment, Fall 1993, The Journal for Vocational Special Needs Education, (17), 41-42.
- Smith. F., Leconte, P., & Vitelli, E. (2012) The VECAP position paper on universal design for learning for career assessment and vocational evaluation. Vocational Evaluation and Career Assessment Journal, 8(1), 13-26.